About Francine Roy
Of passionate, positive and determinate, Francine has a course of the beaten track.
At the age of 49, she reviews her life. Too much stress, work, as many, her has madman's rhythm in urban zones, As many, she dreams about one somewhere else of a sailboat in the Caribbean...but as few, she gives her the means to realize its dream. She listens to her intuition " finding herself she even but also surpassing herself "
She learn to go beyond her limits and beyond her fears with the same determination to say himself " I am able "
While arriving at Bocas Del Toro to the Panama, Francine to cast anchor and in every sense of the word. The loving sailor of the journeys and the discovery finds its Paradise.
A soft mixture of exoticism, the heat of the local population, the wild aspect of these mangrove's islands, the good energy of this region seduced her…
From an adventure to the other one, Francine dreams about an island, she is lucky to be at the right place at the right time, because she buys some in one affordable and quits prices. She definitively quiet Quebec.
But if we take out the sailor of its boat, we don't take out the sea of the sailor, to make a transition gently, she makes build her own piles house, with local materials and traditional architecture.
Even there, Francine wishes to make share this passion for the environment, the Indian Ngöbe community, but we don't make a charter with an house over water.
Never mind, provided with a rule and with a marked out in squares sheet, she draws Eco Lodge with 4 bungalow on her most beautiful island. Plunged in the heart of a Mangrove with a natural swimming pool, the drawing of Francine takes shape. While respecting the nature, its Lodge so becomes integrated that we would say that it went out of waters of itself. Inspired by the Ngöbe knowledge, Urraca is a harbour of serenity, or we float between sky and sea.
Determinedly and its small boat, Francine makes hundreds of routes to bring of Bocas to Urraca, water tanks, plumbing, freezers, mattress …
Of explorer, Francine chose of being Robinson, who wishes to transmit a return to the source, the history of the natives, the local products …
For Francine, it's not enough to dream its life, it is necessary to realize its dreams
Transmite what Ngöbes taught her, to be happy with not much a spiny lobster and a glass of rum.
- Urraca Private Island was built by the Ngöbes Indians with their traditional techniques and local furniture
- The Ngöbes Indians are also employed by the resort, providing for them a place of emploment and economic
- Solar panels provide all our energy,which is an added benefit for the environment and the ecosystem
- BizLand, an EPA Green Power Partner, certifies that urracaprivateisland.com is powered by 100% wind energy. That means the servers, data centers and offices supporting urracaprivateisland.com are powered by renewable energy.
- We purchase fresh fish and lobsters from local fisherman, traditional « Johnny cake » (made out of fresh coconut milk) from Indigenous woman, and some vegetables and fruits (plantains, yuca, bananas, etc…) from the community, another way for economic viability
- We worked with the nearby indigenous community of Isla Tigre for all of our excursions
- We support Isla Tigre school for sporting activities
Destination,Panama,Ecotourism,Wildlife,Romantic,clear water,Eco-resort,Caribbean,vacation,over the water bungalows,adventure,Bocas del toro,Eco Lodge,nature,family reunions,small groups,professional photographer paradise